Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Iphone Dilemma!!

I've had an iPhone for a year and a half now... And I love it! This small portable device allows me to do everything I can with my Ipad and Ipod: take pictures, send and receive emails and messages, check the weather forecast, refer to a map, count my daily steps, look up things online - while on the go. (I'm sure most mobile phones these days have the same wonderful features.)
.
I've had my Ipod and Ipad for years now... and they both still work fine... But my Iphone recently developed a problem... It still works fine, but there is a line in the middle of the screen. Below the line, a pinkish film covers everything; above the line everything looks normal...

Checking online, I see that this isn't an unusual problem... so I head over to the Apple store.

You need to backup your phone contents before we can look at it, I'm told...

So I head back home - and backup all my photos (something I've been meaning to do for years) on Google Photos - which is free! Then I backed up the rest of the phone on my PC.

Your screen must be cracked on the inside, an Apple Store technician tells me. It's a result of impact...

But I didn't drop the phone, I tell him. And I use a plastic case on it to protect it further.

But the one-year warranty is over and they have nothing more to offer me. I have several options: I could have the phone repaired - which would cost more than upgrading to a new phone, under the terms of my corporate telephone plan. Or I could wait until March, 2018, when I could sign on for a new term - and get a new phone for free in the bargain...

I've decided to do the latter... and put up with the inconvenience of a two-toned screen in the meantime.

I'm disappointed that my Iphone doesn't seem to be as sturdy as my Ipod or Ipad, but I've decided to look on this whole annoying experience on the positive side: It forced me to backup my phone and photos - something I've intended to do for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment