Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Tulip Festival 2017

I don't always go to Dows Lake to see the annual display of tulips.

Some years we simply drive by. But a few days ago Terry and I went - and I'm glad we were able to wander about.










They were as profuse and lovely as usual...












Tourists and locals were taking advantage of the warm, sunny weather to walk about.











Every year the flower beds are a little different.













Are they developing new strains that are fuller? I wondered as I looked at these.

Those don't look like tulips, Terry said... But I think they were.









In some beds, there were other flowers - like these purple hyacinths, mixed in with the blue tulips.











Thousands - if not millions - of tulips in one place.












An amazing sight, especially if  you like flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment