Saturday, September 7, 2013

Summer Knitting Project... Done!

I was looking for a light, portable craft project to take with me in my travels this summer, and I found the perfect one, a knit cowl in seed stitch. Here is the blog I posted when I began it in July.


















Before discovering this project online on this website, I had been thinking about making hand-knit socks my summer project. They are also light and portable. But they are knit on four or five double sided needles using fine yarn. I could foresee dropped stitches being a problem - and maybe even dropped needles, which could be hard to find in a cramped seat space on a plane.














The one large circular needle for the cowl was perfect for jamming into a bag or purse. The project didn't take much time, and now it's done!

I don't want to think about winter yet - but when it comes, I'll have this lovely neck warmer to keep me warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment