Friday, December 16, 2011

I'm RICH! (In Things To Do)

I sit in my favorite chair, surrounded by unfinished craft projects, and I'm struck by the thought: I AM RICH: I have so many FUN things to do.














(I mention FUN because there is also housework - dishes and laundry - tasks that don't seem as ENRICHING!)

On the chair in front of me are two quilts I hope to finish.... SOON.














One has only a few squares to quilt (I've marked the unfinished squares with safety pins.) I gave this quilt to my daughter last Christmas as a gift - but it still isn't quite finished...














Then there's my pinwheel quilt that needs a border. I've finally decided on the fabrics - they are sitting on the piano bench.














Then (next to them on the piano bench) there's a patchwork duvet cover I've just begun.














I don't lack for knitting projects either. I'm in the middle of knitting not one, but TWO pairs of socks...














And a shawl... or maybe it will be a blanket...














And, when I need a change, I can turn to "Anna's" afghan, which isn't knit - it's crocheted...


















Or I could mend a pair of socks. (I only mend special ones, like these made of alpaca yarn.)














Or finish the beehive pin cushion I started a while back...














I'm sure I could find a few more unfinished projects if I looked in other parts of the house. But these are around my chair - where I can see them every day, a sign that I'm intent on finishing them soon.

People like my husband, who have tidier hobbies (who read and watch TV sports for fun) might mistake these piles of projects for "clutter" (not "riches"). But I'm sure that there are a few crafters out there who understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment