Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ottawa's OPEN DOORS

A few years ago I discovered an OPEN DOORS weekend in Toronto. (Actually it's called "Doors Open," and it's an annual event.) Many interesting buildings were open to the public that one weekend I was there. It was fun to look inside places I normally walk past without a thought.

We should have the same thing in Ottawa, I enthused...

Imagine my surprise to discover we do... once a year.














There are almost too many interesting buildings to visit...














So this year we visited two places. One was a former bread factory that had been converted into an artists' co-op.














The pottery studio was open and a potter was demonstrating her art.














We wandered around the studio, checking out the lounge...














...and a few displays.














The second place we visited was Arts Court,














... a heritage building that houses several galleries and a small theater.














We wandered through two galleries...














... and an art rental gallery, that rents and sells art by local artists.














Whenever I visit places like this I am inspired to sstart drawing and painting again! When I was in school, I loved to do pen and ink sketches and portraits in oil paint...














(Maybe it's time to take an art class again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment